Tuesday, February 14, 2017

True Love, Part 1



Happy Valentine's everyone!

We all love Valentine's Day one way or another, right?  Whether it's to eat all the chocolate and have some champagne, or whether you get treated to dinner at your favorite restaurant, or breakfast in bed, or.....what's not to like about Valentines?

That's all well and good and I too love all of the above.  ALL of it.
But real love is so much more than that.



Dr. Tae Yun Kim, who as you know is my Martial Arts teacher and a Great Grandmaster, wrote the following poem about love, which is my absolute favorite in the world:

"You are who I dreamed of...
And so you came to be.
And you shall be with me beyond time.
I will never leave you,
and 
My love will follow you
As you follow my Light,
Just as the tail of the bird follows the wing."



Dr. Kim also emphasizes the importance of loving oneself first - how can you love someone else, and how can you expect anyone to love you, if you can't even love yourself?  

So rather than looking into the mirror and telling ourselves how ugly, fat, old, etc etc etc we look - let's start by telling ourselves how we love ourselves, and how we appreciate whom we see in that mirror!  

So take today, and treat yourself as who you really are, the most important person in your life!   


And because Love is such a beautiful topic, I will have part 2 for you tomorrow - stay in tune! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your Love Blog. I feel Dr. Tae Yun Kim's message coming through to me every day now more and more each day. Learning to Love myself means to me that I care enough to take action and change. That's what it takes caring enough that it makes the "Today" list. Thank you Angela for bringing the Power of Love on this 2-14-2017.