Saturday, June 21, 2008

The story continues

So after meeting Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim, I had new hope. At least there was hope! I didn't expect an overnight life changing experience, and I didn't have one either. But I did realize that I didn't have to be stuck.

Grandmaster Kim's energy was contagious. Never a judgemental word from her. Only encouragement and cheering me on. Even though she had many students, she always made me feel special. Whereas before I had always been compared to others (and trust me there is always someone better out there than you.. ) or just plain been told very negative and derogatory things, now I heard so much positive that it took time for me to believe in it.

But there was no denying: Grandmaster Kim's strategy worked. By having me work out at Jung SuWon and learning the Martial Arts, I, the couch potato, learned how to kick, punch and block, and not just that, I learned how to kick away my fears, punch out all the negative experiences, and block away judgmental attitudes. Slowly but very surely I was gaining confidence in the new "me".

Grandmaster Kim's motto "He Can Do, She Can Do, Why not Me!" came true. Yes, I can, too!!!!

No comments: