Monday, June 30, 2008

Meanwhile, at Jung SuWon



Of course, I didn't stop the physical Jung SuWon Martial Arts Workout. That in itself was a big struggle for me.

After many years of being a couch potato, and after having two children, you can imagine that I was quite out of shape. Not fat - in fact I was anorexic - nevertheless completely out of shape.

But that wasn't the worst of it. The worst part was having to remember so many new things, like all these Korean expressions, remember how to tie my belt (don't laugh but it took me about 3 weeks to do it right and I have a college degree) and the same of course with learning forms. I actually resorted to taping arrows on the floor so I could remember which direction to go, and instructions as to what techniques to do once I turned.

Through it all, Grandmaster Kim was very patient and always was there for me when I was struggling. It didn't matter to her how small or how large my struggle was, she always encouraged me, never ever laughed at me, and showed me step by step that I could change, improve myself, and reach any goals I set.

What a concept!

Slowly I also learned some Ki energy forms, to help me stay focused, calm, and centered throughout the day. At first, oh what stress! More to remember!

But again, the step by step process helped and eventually I was able to retain....all part of the learning and changing program...

No comments: