Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Continued Changes through Jung SuWon training



Every day brought new challenges and new victories. Even little things boosted my attitude and helped me "stick with it". Every day I saw a little progress. For example, I thought I could never do a back pushup, never mind a series of them.

It is one of the warm up exercises at Jung SuWon, and in my mind I had given up and put it aside as a "just can't do it". But something inside me was nagging at me and wanted to test this "He Can Do, She Can Do, Why Not Me" out, even in a small way. So since my arms were weak, I started out by doing "girl pushups" and general exercises to strengthen my arms, while still practicing those back pushups. One week passed, then two and three, and still I wasn't able to do them. But I figured, what do I have to lose? Even if it takes me 2 years, at least I can do them! So one day after about 6 weeks, I celebrated my first back push up!

Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim had a big smile for me that day....and raised the bar by telling me a one armed push up would be my next thing to conquer.....

No comments: