Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jung SuWon Style camping aka Self Discovery weekend, part 3



After this wonderful and big meal, we were sent to our tents for some rest. Some people that were still attached to civilization, asked for a place to shower or brush teeth, etc.
We got a cup of water from a jar for brushing teeth, and were pointed towards a little stream if we wanted to wash up. No RVs here!!!

By now I didn't have any more expectations as to what would or should happen. I simply had no idea from moment to moment, what was going to happen.

After all that much activity, I slept deeply and well....until I awoke to the sound of the gong! Yes, a beautiful, harmonious sound...I got the idea that now was the time to get up. I stuck my head out of my tent, for once not worried about how I looked, how frizzy my hair was or if I still had sleepy seeds in my eyes.

I figured if they wanted us to rough it, then for sure they wouldn't mind my "rough" look!

We were directed to do a basic morning cleanup - yes, again a trip down to the stream, to the water jug, and one in the great yonder with the shovel...then we were asked to put on our Martial Arts Uniforms and assemble.

Grandmaster Kim appeared, almost out of nowhere. Now I tried to not think too much about anything but be open for whatever comes my way, but how on earth could she look so beautiful, so put together after "camping out" like this?

She welcomed us with a big smile and explained about living in natue, feeling part of nature, being connected to our environment. It was fabulous, a magic moment. Forgotten were all my worries, stresses, concerns. Sitting in the middle of a forest, smelling nature and hearing birds sing, hear the wind go through the trees, and listening to Grandmaster Kim....soon I was in another world.

Then - time for getting physical! After some warmp ups it was time for a rigorous Martial Arts workout, right there in the woods!

And for the rest of the story - come back tomorrow!

No comments: