Thursday, July 3, 2008

Always new things at Jung SuWon




And yes, for the record, after a few weeks I was also able to do the one armed push ups!

Great Grandmaster Kim always reminded us in class that we shouldn't just stop there -whatever we learn in the Do Jang, we should take with us and practice in our every day life.

Well at first that made little sense to me. I mean, who am I going to punch and kick, right? But then I started to think a little bit below the surface and realized that it was my attitude I need to carry with me wherever I go, that I need to have the "Can Do!" attitude always. Not just in the Do Jang.

That wasn't easy either. It's so much easier with your teacher right there, encouraging you every step of the way. But without that, at home, wherever you go, that wasn't so easy.

I was very very shy and even making a simple phone call was a big deal for me. But, again, what did I have to lose? I started experimenting with this concept and it was amazing what I found myself doing....

No comments: