Saturday, July 5, 2008

Jung SuWon training: determination




I have to add that I re-discovered a whole lot of determination. In order for me to be able to go to Jung SuWon class, I had to find a babysitter first, pick up the sitter or drop the kids off at the place, and then go to Jung SuWon. Well, think about a cold Vermont winter, snowstorms, etc. But somehow, when class time rolled around, I went out to pick up the sitter (she didn't have a drivers license yet), or, took the kids to drop them off.

I remember one time in particular, it was almost blizzard conditions and I couldn't see the street too well. But out I went, praying all the time, saying to myself, I can do this! I so much desired to go to class and learn from a real Master, that nothing could hold me back. Was I scared? Sure I was! But I didn't let that hold me back - not anymore! Armed with Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim's motto: "He Can Do, She Can Do, Why Not Me!" I made it through just about any challenging situation.

No, it wasn't a complete white out of course. But for me, who had just recently gotten my drivers license myself, it was quite the challenge. And the feeling of pride, of accomplishment, was very very sweet.

Every little success boosted my spirit....

Next time, I'll share more about my very first Jung SuWon classes...I just realized I missed that part....

No comments: