Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Goals for 2017

I used to think, I just have to set some goals and then I am done.  Right?  I was excited about them, and had them in the back of my mind, and the first weeks of the year I actually worked on them.





But then they slowly faded into the background.  What happened?

Dr. Tae Yun Kim is the Master of setting goals, "future memories" as she calls them, and then achieving them.  To her, its a matter of life and death. If a goal is worthy of being set, it is worthy your every effort to make it happen.



It's so easy to say, "I can't do it because of this or because of that."

With the sharpness of a sword Dr. Tae Yun Kim sees through my mental fog and asks this crucial question:

Your really can't?
Isn't it more like you won't?

If you really think about it, how many time have you said you can't when it was actually an I won't?
I know I am guilty of this!

But here is another nugget from Dr. Kim:

Remind yourself each and every day of your goal.  Every day!
And set goals every day what you will accomplish that day, to make sure you reach the year goals!

Ready?  Let's go!

HE CAN DO, SHE CAN DO, WHY NOT ME!

2 comments:

shscando said...

Thanks for the reminder. I like the discipline of reviewing my goals everyday, and tracking my progress along the way.

SarahAlexSmile:) said...

Great message! It's so easy to forget the goals set at the beginning of the year... check back with me in June :) I am determined to keep reminding myself of my goals throughout the year!!! I really want to end the year looking back and seeing how much I accomplished!!