Monday, January 2, 2017

Welcome 2017

Hello Everyone,

I wish you all a most Happy 2017 - can you feel change in the air?  I love every New Year because it gives me the opportunity to do better than the year before, to set new goals and a new chance it life!
My teacher, mentor and master, Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim, always encourages me to reflect back on the past year, check my goals and review them.


What did I accomplish?  What percentage of each goal did I get done?
Well this is embarrassing, but last year I did not do even three quarters of what I had written down as goals.

Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim has this to say about mistakes in her book "Seven Steps to Inner Power."

"How did we humans get the idea that to be perfect we couldn't make mistakes?  Never making a mistake does not make us perfect.  Never repeating a mistake (after we learn from it) is as perfect as we need to be."  (page 26)


So rather than being depressed and having a pity party, I will take charge, and every day use the tool Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim has given me:

look at your list of goals every day.  Work on them every day, and report to yourself.  You will be amazed at how much you will get done!

HE CAN DO, SHE CAN DO, WHY NOT ME!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's taken me way too many years to learn that if I don't read my goals and keep them part of my everyday life, I soon forget them. Not this year! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

What you wrote really hit home with me. Thank you.