Monday, January 9, 2017

Keeping a pure environment


Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim, when sharing her life story, always mentions how she was first introduced to Martial Arts - she saw her uncles training in the morning mist.

As I went outside this morning I saw this beautiful sight, a light fog covering the nearby mountain. The air was crisp and clear and every breath was pure joy.


This complete purity reminded me of what I had just read in Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim's book "The Silent Master," a book I had read and re-read many times but still gives me food for thought every time I read it:

"Your mind is the environment in which your ideas, thoughts, and emotions reside.  As with any environment, the goals is to make it as clean and pure as possible.  I often find that people treat their cars better than they treat their minds and bodies.  their cars at least get regular tune-ups, good gas, and careful washing and cleaning.  But the content and quality of their minds - their thoughts and feelings - don't get any attention at all!
Since your Silent Master consciousness is perfect purity, you don't need to work to make yourself pure.  You need to work to eliminate the thoughts and emotions that are impure from your mind and environment.  You will be taking away what isn't you in order to leave what is you shining forth."  
(The Silent Master, page 65)

No comments: